TAPELASTIC is a two component, elastomeric, flexible, acrylic coating polymer modified cementitious waterproofing protective coating system in slurry form.
ADVANTAGES OF ACRYLIC COATING :
- Easy application; It can applied by brush, roller, squeegee or sprayed by local workers at site.
- Resistant to UV (Ultra‐Violet) rays
- Ready to use components can be mixed at site before application.
- Bonds well with all conventional cementitious and lime substrates.
- Safe for Water Tanks containing potable water.
- Establishes a breathable one way traffic system for moisture, without blistering of coatings.
- Strong resistance to chloride and sulphate attacks, thus making it very suitable for Marine construction.
- Assured consistent quality; both components are batched and packed in factory and no outside material is used.
- As a waterproofing treatment for roof, over new and old concrete, on basements and rafts against rising dampness.
- In masonry work as a coating to prevent salt petre over brick work.
- Damp patches on walls, to seal joints through which there is possibility of water ingress and in any other area, where a quick solution for water proofing and damp proofing is required.
- The flexible nature of the product enables TAPELASTIC (acrylic coating) to accommodate thermal stresses, expansion and contraction of structures due to change in weather. This treatment is particularly suitable for liquid retaining structures, water bodies, reservoirs, balconies, water tanks, fountains, basements, dome structures, decks and terraces.
- It can span over cracks and fissures upto 0.2. mm widths. TAPELASTIC can be reinforced with fibre glass mats.
- Colour : Grey or White (as per requirement) Components : 2
- Mixing Ratio of Component A & B : 1 : 3
- Mixed Density of Slurry : 1.9 + 0.1 kg per litre
- Tensile Strength @ 28 days : > 8 Mpa
- Flexibility : > 30 %
- PACKING : 4 kg and 20 kg kit.
Each kit contains a liquid polymer (Component A) and powder pack (Component B) .
SHELF LIFE :
1 year if kept in un‐opened condition.
METHOD OF USE:
- APPLICATION OF ACRYLIC COATING
TAPELASTIC (acrylic coating) can be applied on wood, steel, metal and concrete substrates. Steel and metal surfaces should be clean and free from rust and mill scales. Concrete substrate on which TAPELASTIC is to be applied, should be well cured and sound, free from cracks, oil contamination etc. Cracks, if any, should be repaired properly, before application of TAPELASTIC. Substrate should be thoroughly pre‐witted with water to a saturated surface dry condition before the first coat of TAPELASTIC is applied.
The second coat can be applied after 4 to 5 hours, i.e. after the first coat has dried. To prepare the TAPELASTIC slurry, slowly pour the powder i.e. Component‐B into the liquid polymer i.e. Component‐A and keep on mixing, using a slow speed drill fitted with a suitable impeller (400 to 500 RPM).
Only that amount of material should be mixed which can be consumed in about 30 minutes at 30 o C ambient temperature. Faster setting can take place if ambient temperatures are higher.
This mixing can be done in an ordinary plastic bucket. After achieving a homogeneous mix, use a block brush, roller, squeegee or spray to spread the material evenly over the surface.
In case the mix is found to be too harsh, a maximum of 10% water on the total weight (Component ‐ A + B) may be added to obtain a smooth and brush able consistency. To cover 1 m 2 in two coats, about 1 kg to 2 kg of mixed material is required, depending on the porosity of the substrate. In areas, where abrasion or possibilities of floor abuse is there, a protective screed over the TAPELASTIC coating is recommended.
After application of final coat of TAPELASTIC, initial air drying shall be done for 2 to 6 hours. During this period, no water should be used for curing. In areas of high wind or in places with high ambient temperature, use a polythene sheet to avoid rapid drying of the coating.
After a maximum period of 6 hours after the final application, moist curing shall be done for the next 24 hours, either by spraying water or by using wet burlap.
During this period, the TAPELASTIC coating at no point of time should be left completely dry or submerged in water. After the moist curing, the TAPELASTIC coating shall be allowed to air dry for 3 days, before submersion in water.
1.5 ‐ 2 kg /m 2 for 2 coats, depending on porosity of substrate.
- Do not apply this product if the relative humidity exceeds 95% or if the substrate temperature is within 3 o C of the dew point.
- During the first 12 hours of curing, it must be protected from abrasion, rain and other adverse conditions.
- No traffic shall be allowed on a standard TAPELASTIC surface within 48 hours after installation.
- Curing of TAPELASTIC membrane should be done as per recommendation.
- Reinforcement rods and other sharp material should not be dragged over the TAPELASTIC membrane, as this can puncture the same.
Our products are generally Non Toxic and Harmless ,provided protections are taken during handling . Wear protective clothing , eye glasses , gloves etc. In case eyes or mouth are affected wash with plenty of clean water and seek medical treatment immediately.