Description of App Membrane:-
App Membrane is a modified premium grade asphalt with non woven polyester reinforcements to improve the overall weather-ability of the membrane.
These waterproofing Membrane show tremendous strength, elasticity, weather ability.
It is a propitiatory blend of asphalt and Atatic poly proplyene that provides an efficient mode of application by heat welding.
Advantages of app membrane:-
- Can be handled in cooler temperatures without cracking or shattering.
- Impermeable membrane with very little water absorption.
- Easy to fix and lay with gas torch.
- It is available in three types mineral finish, plain and self adhesive membranes.
- Overlaps to be provided over 100 mm.
- Excellent flexibility.
- Excellent waterproofing capability.
- High tensile strength, tear and puncture resistance.
- Capable of withstanding thermal and structural stresses.
- Does not under go early ageing and hence is a highly durable membrane if laid properly as per specification.
- Preferably scree-ding to be done if desired .
- This will further improve the UV ray stability of the membrane
- These membrane is ideal for general use in single/ multi layer system.
Uses of APP Membrane:-
- App Membrane is a universal all purpose membrane
- excellent in single layer or multi-layer roofing basements,
- terrace gardens, corrugated sheets , systems underground waterproofing,
- Multi storey car parking, pond lining , irrigation canal lining ,
- swimming pools or any structure that requires high performance waterproofing.
Methods of application:-
The surface which needs waterproofing must be smooth , clean and should free of loose aggregates any cracked concrete or depressions should be repaired and filled with mortar.
The surface must be free of oils , Greece and dust slab must be totally dry. The clean concrete surface must be coated with bituminous primer (BITCOTE PRIMER ), the primer must be spread evenly and allowed to dry completely over the area to be waterproofed.
App Membrane are fixed by torch welding. More over the rolls are spread over the area to which they are to be fixed and the roods are laid so that the next overlaps the first by 10 cm.
The waterproofing membrane is then laid out changing the given orientation , they are then rolled once again while heating the underside sufficiently to cause surface melting and laps should be minimum 15 cm it is advised to avoid excessive an uneven application of heat.