liquid membrane waterproofing full description
Best liquid membrane waterproofing PROOF ACRYLIC is a flexible acrylic waterproofing membrane that can be directly applied from the pail. PROOF ACRYLIC 5?layer system fabric reinforced waterproofing system is designed to overcome unevenness of roof surface by building up of waterproofing membrane thickness. This is suitable for positive waterproofing of concrete flat roof in areas with light foot traffic. PROOF ACRYLIC? 3 layer system forms a micro porous membrane that waterproofs external surfaces from water seepage and protects it from deterioration due to carbonation, acid or chemical attack and other types of environmental pollution.
Advantages of liquid membrane waterproofing:
- Easy to apply
- High polymer paste form
- Mould and fungus resistance
- Bridges cracks and remains flexible
- Resistance to uv rays
- Water based and Nontoxic
- Available in attractive colours
- 5 layer system:
- Waterproofing of old and new roofs
- Refurbishment of old concrete roofs and concrete gutters 3 layer system:
- Waterproofing of external walls of old buildings, metal roofs, gutters and asbestos roofs.
- Waterproofing of old roof tiles.
- Available in 20 kg in various attractive colours
- Standard colours: white & grey
- Other colours: refer to our colour chart
- SHELF LIFE: Up to 12 months in unopened containers stored in cool dry place
- Thickness of Membrane? For roof?
- 5 layers system : 1.5 to 2 mm
- For wall?3 coats : 0.6 to 0.8 mm
- Flash point? Solid content :> 60% by weight.
- Elongation by break : 300 % ASTM D412:92
- Tensile strength : 8 N/mm2 (w/ fibre glass) ASTM D 412:92>2 N/mm2
- Adhesion strength :> 0.5 N/mm2 ASTM D4541:92
- Hardness Shore A : 70 ASTM D2240:91
- Crack bridging : Passed ASTM C836:89 (After 10 cycles of weathering to a width of 1 mm)
- Water vapour transmission : 34.28g/m2/24 hr .
- ASTM E96:94QAV Accelerated : No Cracking
- Weathering (1000 HRS) : Grey scale No. 4 ASTM G53:93
- Drying Time : 12 hrs.
- Application Temperature : 5oC to 40 o C
- Fire resistance : Spread to flame index =4 AS1530 part 3
Specifications are subjected to change without notification. Results shown are typical but reflect test procedures used .Actual field performance will depend on installation, methods and site conditions.
Method of using liquid membrane waterproofing
Application: prime the surface by a layer of Proof Acrylic primer. Subsequently apply the 1st coat. And whilst it is still wet roll out the matt and press into the wet PROOF ACRYLIC and let dry for at least 2 hrs. Apply an intermediate coat to completely fill the reinforcing matt. Apply the final coat to create required thickness and leave to cure overnight.
Ensure that surface is sound, clean and free from irregularities, sharp projections, loose particles, oil and contaminants. Old coatings which are stable and unable to remove can remain. New concrete must be cured for at least 28 days, with sufficient falls provided to avoid ponding on the finished membrane surface.
Apply Proof Acrylic primer and allow to dry before applying 1st coat Proof Acrylic direct from the can. Apply 2nd coat after the 1st coat has dried. Apply 2nd coat after the 1st coat has dried. Apply one coat at a time, allowing intervals of 4 to 8 hrs between the coats.
All surfaces to be waterproofed must be sound .Jet washing or mechanical abrading is recommended to increase adhesion if applied on existing surfaces. Old coatings which are stable and cannot be removed, can be over coated.
- Metal roof: preparation –wire brushing or abrasive blasting; primer? Acrylic primer, finishing with PROOF ACRYLIC ?2 coats.
- Timber surface: Preparation? Dry and free from oil residue, Primer –Acrylic Primer, finishing with PROOF ACRYLIC?2 coats
- Friable surface previously painted: Preparation? Remove Flaking paints & jet surface; primer? Acrylic primer; Finishing with CHRYSO ACRYLIC? 2 coats.
- Powdery paint work/brick surface/existing roof tiles: Preparation? jet washing; Primer: Acrylic primer finishing with PROOF ACRYLIC?2 coats
- Joints: Primer? Acrylic primer, finishing with CHRYSO ACRYLIC?3 coat(with netting)
Generally PROOF ACRYLIC membrane is applied using a brush or a roller. Due to its elastomeric quality, it may not be possible to get a flat level finish and brush marks or roller marks are common. Apply 1st coat in one direction and 2nd coat in perpendicular direction to the first coat.
Clean all brushes, roller, trays, buckets and surrounding areas with clean water before products set.
Approx.30 sqm. Per 20 Kg for 1 coat at film (dry) thickness of 0.3 mm.
In case of eye splashes or excessive skin contact, thoroughly flush with clean water. If ill effects occur, seek medical attention immediately.