EXCEM MC 40 (micro concrete) is a single component cementitious, polymer modified repair mortar to provide high strength properties. This is used as a micro concrete material to repair damaged concrete especially in restricted accessible areas. It is based on cement, graded aggregates and special additives .
EXCEM MC 40 (micro concrete) can be applied in thickness up to 100 mm thickness. It is suitable to apply by trowel, knife, hand or pump. More Layer thickness can be achieved in repeated layers. It is used as a premixed mortar for concrete repairs and structural strengthening.
Advantages OF Micro Concrete:
- Controlled expansion to ensure positive surface contact and low water permeability.
- Chloride and iron free, hence no rusting or staining on exposed edges .
- Pre mixed, addition of water is only needed.
- Easy to pour free flowing and self levelling nature; it can be pumped or poured in to restricted locations.
Uses Of Micro Concrete:
EXCEM MC40 is a cementitious repair compound which is used to reinstate damaged and deteriorated concrete for structural repairs and strengthening.
25 kg laminated waterproof HDPE bag.
SHELF LIFE & STORAGE:
12 months from the date of manufacturing when stored in UN-opened, original sealed and dry condition at a temperature range from +5?C to 40?C.
- Appearance:- Free flowing grey powder
- Compressive Strength,N/mm2 (Typical)at 27?C,as per IS 4031:- Free flowing Mix (W/P=0.15),Typical
- 3 days:- 15
- 7 days :-30
- 28 days:- 40
- Free linear Expansion, ASTM C 827 :-0-2%
- Coefficient of Thermal Expansion,per?C :- 11-12 x 10-6 (Similar to Concrete)
- Young’s Modulus,:- N/mm2 :-27000
- Fresh wet density,kg/m3:- 2100-2250
- Material required for 1m3 Volume of Grout,kg:- 1850-1950
- 28 days Comp.Strength,Blended with 50%10mm aggregate 4:-3N/mm2 (Typical) at 27?C
Note: Compressive strength is determined by using 7 cm cube specimen at laboratory controlled condition, Water demand may vary depending upon site condition.
METHODS OF APPLICATION:
- Surface Preparation:-
Surface laitance and unsound concrete must be chipped away and smooth surface should be made reasonably roughed to provide proper bonding between old concrete to new micro concrete,. After cleaning, saturate the concrete surfaces with clean water. Ensure that the form work has suitable drainage outlet for excess water so that no free standing water is present on surfaces before applying of EXCEM?MC 40.
Use mechanical mortar mixers, preferably of the slow speed (250-350 rpm) paddle mixer or revolving drum type mixer. Hand mixing rarely achieves the desired result. Allow approx 5 minutes for mixing. Thorough mixing is essential for achieving maximum results. Add EXCEM?MC 40 slowly into recommended amount of clean water in a mixer. Use as little water as is required for ease of placement.
- For Flowable Mix: 3.50–4.25 kg of water to 25kg of EXCEM MC 40(W/P Ratio: 0.14 to 0.17)
- For PlasticMix: 3.00–3.75 kg of water to 25 kg of EXCEM MC 40 (W/P Ratio : 0.12 to 0.15)
Job placing conditions, including temperatures may require mixing water adjustments as may be essential for practical purposes. Small trial batches to as certain the best working consistency for the operation are recommended.
In order to prevent air voids apply mixed EXCEM-MC 40 from one side or corner only. EXCEM-MC 40 should be placed within half an hour of mixing. During that time keep material in mixer well agitated.
After half an hour discard any mix that shows signs of stiffening. Flow-able mix may be used with low pressure cement grouting equipment or may be hand rodded into restrained sections. High points must be adequately vented to allow entrapped air to escape.
Plastic mortar may be rodded into place or trowel handled where freedom of movement permits. Consistency can range from thick cream to smooth plastic. For large volume of placement areas EXCEM–MC40 may be pumped with a heavy duty diaphragm pump, screw or any other standard pump.
EXCEM – MC 40 shall be used in the thickness range of 20 mm to 100 mm in single pour. For thickness of a section is more than 100 mm, 40-50 % (by weight of Excem –MC 40) 6-10mm down washed coarse graded aggregate shall be used to reduce temperature built up in the hardened micro concrete.
Curing Curing is essential part of Excem -MC system. After completion of concreting work the open edges shall be cured by applying suitable CHRYSO CURE-WP or any other effective curing membrane manufactured by CHRYSO. Other curing methods, such as covering with plastic sheet,wet hessian cloth are also accepted.
- Wear hand gloves, safety shoes and safety goggles while using and handling the product.
- In case eyes or mouth are affected wash with plenty of clean water and seek medical treatment immediately.