DESCRIPTION OF EPOXY ADHESIVE :
POLYFLEX EPA is a fast curing , 2 Component Epoxy Adhesive material for our POLYBAND system. It hardens in few hours. Also it is a solvent free thixotropic compound. Moreover it is also used as general purpose adhesive for many applications.
FEATURES OF EPOXY ADHESIVE:
- Can be applied by trowel, spatulla, Knife, gloved hand or by stiff brush .
- Excellent adhesion to cementitious and many substrates.
- Used as a bonding adhesive for cement mortar, concrete, steel and other waterproofing membrane.
- Suited for building and road maintenance work
- It is resistant to acids and alkalis, salts,and solvents.
- Recommended for layer thickness from 1 mm to 10 mm More thickness can be applied depending on situations. Drying Time : Touch dry ~ 3 hour at 30°C
- Suitable for horizontal, vertical and over head applications .
- No primer required .
- Can be used on slightly damped concrete surfaces.
- Weatherproof and Waterproof Adhesive.
USES OF POLYFLEX EPA EPOXY ADHESIVE:
- Used as an epoxy adhesive for our Polyband system .
- Particularly suited for maintenance work in a situation where time is a constrain..
- A highly effective adhesive for steel and concrete surface in an aggressive environment.
- Used in situations where long term protection against abrasion,weathering and chemical exposure is high.
- Can be used for bedding thin sheets of membranes etc.
- For fixing POLYBAND system on expansion Joints on bridges and buildings.
- Bedding Tiles
- No. of Components : 2
- Mixing Ratio : Part A : Part B=2:1 by wt
- Mixed product nature : Grey viscous paste
- Density : 1.70 ± 0.05 Kg/Ltr.
- Pot Life (100gm mass) : 60 mts at 30° C
- Compressive Strength : 40 N/mm2 at 24 hrs at 30°C : 60N/m m2 at 7days
- Flextural strength :15N/mm2@7days
- Tensile Strength : 7 N/mm in 7 days at 30°C
- Bond Strength : 2 N/mm2 in 7 days at 30°C
- Drying Time : Touch dry ~ 3 hour at 30°C
- Service Temperature : – 30°C to + 50°C
- Cleaning agent : RESICRETE SOL/ thinner.
PACKAGING: POLYFLEX EPA is available in 6KG & 30 KG PACK.
SHELF LIFE: Twelve months provided the material is stored in tightly sealed containers above 10°C and below 35° C in shaded condition.
METHOD OF USE:
Surface to be bonded must be structurally sound and made thoroughly to avoid lowering the free from loose material.All surface contamination performance of the cured system. The must be removed. Grease and oil should be grit worst case of inaccurate mixing of resin blasted or water jetted.
Deeper penetration must be and hardener part may result to not removed by mechanical means. Steel surfaces should hardening of material. be properly prepared for better bonding .
Before mixing, the contents of each can should be thoroughly stirred to disperse any settlement which might have taken place during storage. The entire contents of the smaller hardener (Part B) can should be poured into the base container (Part A) and the materials thoroughly mixed for at least 3 minutes. Mechanical mixing using a slow speed ( 300 – 500 rpm) Mixer is recommended.
The mixed POLYFLEX EPA shall be applied to the prepared substrate making sure a continuous layer is achieved using a trowel / spatula.
Resicrete SOL or suitable solvent
6 kg material will yield 3.50 liters .At 2 mm thickness, 6 kg pack will cover 1.75 square metre area.
- Mixing of Pack A and Pack B should be made thoroughly to avoid lowering the performance of the cured system. The worst case of inaccurate mixing of resin and hardener part may result to not hardening of material.
- Stored at temperatures above 100 C and below 35 C in a dry place and in the unmixed / unopened containers.
Use normal safety precautions. Wear hand gloves, safety shoes and safety goggles while using and handling the product.