POLYGROUT is a low viscous liquid which reacts with water in a controlled manner to form a swelling resilient adhesives, solid in density and strength appropriate to the designed task. When impregnated under pressure into leaking structures and through the process of polymerisation, a permanent flexible water barrier is formed,
ADVANTAGES OF POLYGROUT:
- POLYGROUT has a very remarkable solidifying properties even in ground where water flow is violent. It stops water from oozing and solidifies the ground with high strength.
- It exerts successful solidifying property in all types of water, such as sea water, mineral water and those containing acid and alkali.
- It is extremely stable both chemically and physically and will not be damaged by any Bacterium.
- POLYGROUT is completely non‐pollutant to the water it contacts and has no effect on potable water, fish or marine life.
- The coefficient of permeability of 10 ‐7 to 10 ‐8 mm /sec. indicates the impermeability of soil solidified by POLYGROUT. This also accounts for the excellent property of polygrout in stopping water from oozing.
- POLYGROUT possesses excellent adhesiveness to soil particles and it is therefore also useful in landslide prevention.
- It has versatile uses and it is normally considered to be the last resort, when all conventional grouting methods to stop leakages have failed.
- POLYGROUT has successfully performed under certain most challenging conditions, where satisfied users have referred it as a magic product, to achieve almost impossible solutions. It can be used in the following areas :
1. Building Construction
- To stop water leakage into underground structures (basements, tanks, sumps, pits etc.).
- Soil stabilisation for foundations.
- Securing tie ‐ back anchors for retaining walls or guys.
- Serving as sealer or liner in concrete structures.
- To prevent water ingress, oozing from ground.
- To serve as a water barrier in basements, gravel bedding as damp proof course.
2. Civil Engineering Works
- Solidifying and strengthening ground and rock and stop water from oozing out.
- Preventing leakage in tunnels and tunnel segments, deep underground structures and water retaining structures.
- Stabilisation of abutment and bridge piers.
- Preventing leakage through dams.
- Prevention of landslides.
- Solidifying and creating a water barrier in rock and earth fill dams.
- Backfilling by impregnation for tunnel shield construction.
- Preventing air from leaking during compressed air shield construction or caisson construction.
- Increasing bearing capacity of underpinning.
Environmental Engineering & Other Applications:
- Solidifying agent in Atomic, Industrial and Chemical waste solutions or waste water units.
- Solidifying agent for Sewage and sludge’s removed from organic and inorganic waste dumps.
- Preservation of historical relics, harbour engineering, mining, reclamation work, heavy engineering works, etc.
- Physical appearance : Transparent Viscous Liquid
- Specific Gravity : 1.08 + 0.02
- Gel Time (Seconds) : 40 + 10
20 kg Drums
- Six months , if kept carefully in Unopened condition.
- shaded place, free of frost and in the original air tight packing.
- The surfaces to be applied should be dry ,cleaned and free from oil and grease.
Use normal safety precautions. Wear rubber hand gloves, safety shoes and safety goggles while using and handling the product. Avoid contact with skin and eyes. In case of accidental contact with eyes, wash with plenty of water and seek medical treatment immediately.