DESCRIPTION OF TILE ADHESIVE:-
Tile adhesive/ Gripfix is ready to use, thin or thick bed, water resistant, pre‐mixed single component, cementitious polymer modified multipurpose tile adhesive in powder form, for fixing Ceramic, Mosaic, Marble and Granite Tiles.
USES OF TILE ADHESIVE :
- Bonding Ceramic, Mosaic, Marble and Granite Tiles to concrete surfaces floors and walls.
- Can be used in shower recesses and swimming pools where continuous or intermittent immersion in water occurs.
- It can also be used for fixing Aerated Autoclave Lightweight Concrete Blocks from Fly Ash (AAC) and insulating and acoustic boards based on expanded polystyrene plastics.
FEATURES OF TILE ADHESIVE:
GRIPFIX gives the user, the following benefits:-
- Can be used on damp substrates.
- Offers high adhesive bond strength.
- Excellent slip resistance.
- High early strength.
- Fast curing.
- Water resistant.
- Long open wet time (upto 30 minutes).
- Thixotropic property.
- Tropicalised and eco‐friendly, offers no health hazards to users.
APPLICATION OF TILE ADHESIVE:
- Surface Preparation :The surface should be structurally sound and free from dust, grease, oil, etc. Dampen porous surface for at least one hour prior to application of GRIPFIX. Ensure that the surface is only saturated surface dry.
- Mixing : For 1 kg of GRIPFIX is about 200‐250 ml of water is to be mixed. A slow speed paddle is recommended. Add the powder gradually to water and mix until a uniform sump‐free consistency is obtained. This must be used up within a hour.
Spread out the paste above on the substrate to uniform thickness of 2‐3 mm bed by using a suitable notched trowel at approximately 45 degree angle to the surface. Place tiles firmly on adhesive bed ensuring good contact twisting motion. GRIPFIX / TILE ADHESIVE mixed with water, if dries due to excessive delay in placing tiles, remove adhesive and apply fresh material.
3.5 to 4.0 kg per sq.m. (approx.) at 3 mm tile bed thickness.
GRIPFIX is available in 1 kg., 5 kg. And 25 kg. Bags.
Twelve(12) months if kept in dry store in original un‐opened bags.